SWING THERAPY IN THE SWISS ALPS:
ROY EMERSON TENNIS WEEKS OFFERED THROUGH
SUMMER 2012 AT GSTAAD PALACE
Tennis camp includes lessons led by Grand Slam record holder, plus luxe accommodation at glamorous palace address
June 2012 (Gstaad, Switzerland) – Perfect your swing in the Swiss Alps this summer. Gstaad Palace invites tennis aficionados ages 16 and up to learn from one of the most successful tennis players in history with the Roy Emerson Tennis Weeks at Gstaad Palace in Switzerland. The exclusive tennis camp at GstaadPalace offers seven days and 25 hours of tennis lessons through summer 2012.
Roy Emerson is an Australian tennis pro who holds an overall record of 28 Grand Slam titles, including 12 Grand Slams singles crowns. Emerson is also the only male player to have won singles and doubles titles at all four Grand Slam events. Clinics throughout the week will be coached by the legend himself as well as Emerson’s son, Anthony, and other pros from around the globe. First introduced atGstaad Palace over 30 years ago, Emerson Tennis Weeks were voted the #1 Tennis Camp in the World by tennisresortonline.com from 2008-2011.
Gstaad Palace has four clay tennis courts onsite as well as a squash hut for fast, furious and alternative racquet play. During down time, take a dip in the hotel’s Olympic-size outdoor heated pool, settle in for a treatment at the 20,000 square-foot spa, or relax in the beautifully landscaped gardens while dreaming up strategy for your next match.
The Roy Emerson Tennis Week package includes:
- Accommodation in a Single or Double Classic Room, according to availability
- Swiss breakfast buffet, lunch and dinner, including dinner at a nearby Swiss restaurant and an elegant picnic in the mountains
- 25 hours of tennis lessons with a ratio of three or four participants, max, and instructor (weather permitting)
- One sports massage (25 minutes) at the hotel’s spa & health club for clinic participants only
- Welcome cocktail party and welcome gift upon arrival
- Flowers and fresh fruit in the room
- Unlimited access to the indoor and heated outdoor pool, sauna, steam bath, and gym room
- Access to the night club, “GreenGo,” at Gstaad Palace
- Taxes, service and VAT
- Per person for seven days, six nights, starting at: Single Superior Room, CHF 4,080 (approx.: $4,275); Double Superior Room, CHF 4,080/3,280 (approx.: $4,255/$3,440) for accompanying person in the same room without tennis lessons.
- Package availability during summer 2012: June 17-23 (Sun-Sat); June 24-30 (Sun Sat); July 1-7 (Sun-Sat); July 15-21 (Sun-Sat); July 21-27 (Sat-Fri); August 26-September 1 (Sun-Sat); September 1-7 (Sat-Fri)
About Gstaad Palace
Gstaad Palace with its unrivalled reputation for refined hospitality is a favorite address for international travelers. Located in the charming chalet village of Saanenland in the Bernese Alps, the glamorous and historic resort has been a significant presence since opening in 1913. One of the last family-owned Palaces is comprised of 104 guest rooms with 26 suites including two Tower Suites and a Penthouse Suite. The hotel also offers access to its rustic and charming Walig Hut, one of the few extant dating from the late 1700s, with a beautiful mountainside location and breathtaking views of the village below. Five restaurants provide Swiss and Italian specialties and international gourmet cuisine, with white glove service, charmed casual settings, and the energetic retro-vibe of the illustrious nightclub GreenGlo. The Palace Spa features eight treatment rooms, a unique Hammam experience, indoor and outdoor pool, fitness center and more. A ballroom and meeting rooms are ideal for groups and social events. The resort also offersfour clay tennis courts and can arrange for guests to experience the myriad seasonal activities nearby. For more information on Gstaad Palace,www.palace.ch